Sunday, September 16, 2012

Mommy has an Owie!

It's been sometime now since the last post. I've been dealing with an old injury. If you've been in any kind of physical pain, then you can imagine how grumpy & frustrating it is. Not a happy camper.
Even with the aches & pain, I can't complain to much, my little girl has been such a big helper. Sometime I can't believe how much she has grown. (I mean she's past my elbow at three years old.) I sometimes hold her as if she was still a baby... Cant help loving her. Mamas Big/tall baby. Hehehe!

Well, with that being said I thought that I would share a pain relieving food that you or someone you know might appreciate. It has been long used by other cultures to heal aches and pain. The name of this plant is called a ginger root.

Ginger root was one thing that I remember being used in my family to sooth stomach aches. Did you know that this root is also known to be used as a painkiller, reduce inflammation, help motion sickness, morning sickness, relive migraine, cancer prevention, cancer treatment, and preventing cold or flu.

Now just like everything there are side effects to consuming too much ginger, for those who take blood thiner medication, it may be best to consult you doctor. Everything in moderation is always the best.

So go ahead add a little spice of ginger to your stir fry or for the winter season try a ginger tea. Here's a tea recipe that is simple to make.

•Boil 2 cup water with 1-11/2 teaspoon grated fresh ginger.
•After It's been boiling for about 10 to 13 minutes strain into your tea cup and add honey for a sweetener.
•(optional) You can add cinnamon for more flavor or add more boiling water if the spice is to strong for you.

There you have it! Do you have any recipes you would like to share? Comment below and let me know.

As always live, love, & keep learning.

No comments: