Saturday, February 23, 2013

Berry Smoothies with my Ninja Blender

I enjoy eating ice cream but lately I've been trying to make more health desserts. With my Ninja Master Prep blender, it's always immediate and fast. This ninja blender is defiantly part of my favorite tools to use in the kitchen. Especially for those meatloaf dinners, sauce dips, ice cream or frozen fruit drinks. ("on top of that no one suspects any veggie in their food.") What's your favorite go to kitchen tool?

The ninja blender has been in my kitchen for over two years now and I have to say the blades are still very sharp as the first day I received it. So be very careful because the ninja blades are sharp! You get 2 blenders, a large and small size blender. Which is an awesome deal for less then $35.00 at Walgreen. Plus you get free shipping on all your sales, which is why I decided on buying my blender from Walgreen. 

There are so many varieties of homemade ice creams you can make with this ninja blender. You can make different fruits and flavoring for your ice cream. If your little one is feeling a little sick make a fruit pop that can sooth that soar throat. I've experimented with what ever was on hand I could make a mini ice cream book. I Scream for ice cream!! Here are a few recipes that you can make for those sweet tooth days. Don't forget to always use organic ingredients. 

Strawberry smoothie (organic for a healthier alternative)
1 cup apple juice
2 ripe bananas
1 tbsp flaxseed oil or ground flaxseeds
1 small punnet of strawberries, destalked

Dairy-free ice cream
2 ripe bananas
1/2 cup cashew nuts, finely ground
1 tbsp maple syrup
1tsp soy lethicin granules
1 cup calcium fortified soy milk

Guava smoothie more guava recipe
1 banana, peeled
1/2 cup fresh apple juice
1 guava, peeled
1/2 cup (organic) yogurt


Berry Smoothie with the Ninja blender

Berry smoothie drink with a lemon slice

No comments: