Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Tuesday Roots

Well, it has been raining on & off for a couple of days here in the bay. I thought it would be a great opportunity to share a beauty secret that has been long used in my family for years.

If you said coconut oil then your right.

Now coconut oil is good to add to your diet because of its health benefits. Coconut oil contains health benefits for hair care, skin care, stress relief, maintaining cholesterol levels, weight loss, increased immunity, proper digestion, dental care, bone strength and metabolism. Coconut oil also has the power relieve you from kidney problems, heart diseases, high blood pressure, diabetes, HIV and cancer.

I've been researching an all natural product to help with my dry scalp. I first tryed olive oil but it only worked for a temporary time. For a while I was trying different shampoos and was not getting the results I was looking for.

Now I've never had this problem before so it was all new to me. To my surprise I could not believe how in one day I was seeing results. I was ecstatic when I finally found a product that was full of protein, all natural, don't have to worry about my child coming across it, safe to eat, and helped me get rid of my dry scalp.

I've been using organic coconut oil, which you can find at your local health store or at your grocery store. If your a do it yourself kind of person then you can try making your own organic coconut oil.

My mom use to make this using a pan to layout the coconut meat and letting the sun melt the oil off. Then she would mix it with the famous mosooi flower or better known as the ylang ylang flower. Which has such a beautiful smell, I'm telling you this flower has such a fragrant smell to it. Back home we dedicate a week of celebration for this flower when it blooms.

Well hope that help someone and as always live, love, and never stop learning:0)

No comments: