Yes, today we are looking at the beautiful banana, which is one if my favorite fruit. Easily found all year long bananas are a great source of potassium. It's like a natural energy bar. So if your looking for an extra kick after a long morning or late afternoon, then grab a banana.
Here are a few more reasons to eat bananas:
• if your low in iron
• helps with muscle cramps during workout
• helps with depression; happy mood
• gives you energy; great pick-me-up
• satisfies a sweet tooth; natural sweet fruit
• helps with stomach ulcers
• more here
Where can you buy a bundle of bananas for less then two dollars? I'll tell you where.
Okay, I stumbled on this on accident. I was shopping for some milk and looking for apples for O. I saw a bunch of bagged green bananas. But I could see that they were starting to take a yellowish color.
Now when you first see them, they don't have your typical bright yellow look. Like maybe your local grocery store may have. Someone who has seen these fruits growing up would know that bananas naturally ripen after a few days. Not to mention when it is sweeter when seating for a while. That is why when I buy bananas I get mine from Costco. Yes, Costco sells them in bundles for less then $2.00. I'm not sure about sam's club but I wouldn't be surprised if they are also priced the same.
Here are a few recipes to try out and are always delicious to eat or drink.
•3 or 4 banana more for a thicker texture.
•1 cup of coconut milk or skim milk
•1/2 cup of ice cube
(optional freeze your milk to replace ice)
•cleaned lime or lemon peels for flavoring
•half a juice of a lemon
•optional: 1 cap or teaspoon of vanilla extract
1. You could mash the banana with the fork or mix it in a blender. In your blender place 3 or 4 ripped and peeled bananas.
2. Next put in your ice cube or milk. (Remember to skip the next step if you decide to freeze your milk)
3. Then you add your milk and vanilla extract. Blend this until well mixed.
4. Pour out into a pitcher and then place 3 or 4 long stripes of lemon or lime.
Tip: use a potato peeler for an easy long citrus peel.
5. Add the peels and juice of a lemon.
Stir well and place into you refrigerator for about a half an hour. Let the citrus flavor marinate together. Before serving remove the peels and enjoy.
Round Banana pancakes or hush-puppies are my favorite. Dad makes the most fluffy and yummiest ones. Hope to see him sooner then later. Panipopo also has a great recipe on her blog. Be sure to check out all the other recipes there too. If your gluent sensitive, just replace with your favorite flour. Here are a few replacements for gluent free flour. brown rice flour, buckwheat flour, corn flour, mesquite flour, millet flour, oat flour, quinoa flour, sorghum flour or sweet potato flour.
One more banana recipe that is a two in one. (love multipurpose anything!!) It's a natural hair conditioner for longer stronger hair. And if you make a lot of it you can have health poi (mashed banana) drink.
Banana hair conditioner (or you can drink it!!)
• 2 mashed bananas (3 for longer hair)
• 1/2 or less of coconut milk
Just blend and apply to clean hair. After 15 or 30 minutes your done. Wash and style you freshly conditioned hair as usual!
Okay well if your in the Bay stay dry from the rain. As always live, love, & keep learning.